This recipe doesn’t involve pumpkin spice, but it is just as festive (and delicious).
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) & 6 tbsp. butter, softened (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple chunks
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1. In a medium bowl, cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Beat in eggs and stir in vanilla. Combine flower, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats, raisins, and apple.
2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (I used parchment paper).
3. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack for cooling.
Getting into the fall spirit, I decided to put some fresh picked apples to use in a well-loved classic.